- 25g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon our 1cup(250ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard powder
- 750g peeled uncooked prawns
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh at-leaf parsley
- Salt, to season
1. Heat butter, oil and garlic in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat until butter has melted. Add flour. Cook, stirring for 1 minute or until mixture bubbles.
2. Slowly add stock, 1/4 cup at a time, stirring constantly to prevent lumps forming. Add wine and cream. Cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens. Add mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add prawns. Simmer, stirring for 3 minutes or until prawns are cooked through. Stir in parsley. Serve creamy garlic prawns with steamed rice.